Thursday 1 October 2015

Focaccia Bread Flavoured with Rosemary,Onions and Olives


I love to use olive oil a lot more nowadays because I feel that it is lot more healthy and has a lovely flavour in it..I have recently addicted to EVOO(extra virgin olive oil)...Yes I started saying like this after watching rachael ray shows...


And Guys have you ever watched rachael’s shows...I love her shows so much because she cook so energetic and enthusiastic..We can see a passion in her cooking and also she gives lots of tips in between cooking...If you have never watched her show before,you should do it now...


Now back to our focaccia...I flavoured it with onions,olives and rosemary because I love the sweetness of onions when it has been baked and also I found that rosemary and onions go very well together...So I throwed some in..

Other suggested toppings are sundried tomatoes,basil,shredded chedder cheese,parsley and many more...


One of the weird topping is......Vegetarians turn aside...This is only for meat eater....If you want to be little bit naughty just throw some bacon bits in it...YUM YUM Right...


I know that everyone is going to try out this bread...Bu how do you serve it...I have couple of recipes for serving this bread..Two interesting recipes.....I will post it in my coming posts...So wait for it...


Ingrediants:


For Base:
Flour-3 cups
Salt-1 tsp
Sugar-1 tblspn
Yeast-1 tblspn
Warm water as needed
Olive oil-1 tblspn


For Topping:
Olives-1 tblspn chopped
Onion- 2 tblspn sliced
Cilantro/Coriander leaves-1 tblspn chopped
Rosemary-1 tsp
Olive oil-5 tblspn


Method:


Take the yeast and sugar and add this to the warm water..Mix well and let it sit for 5 mins..


Take flour and salt in the mixing bowl and pour this yeast water over this..Form a smooth and soft dough out of this..Apply oil over this and set aside for a moment..


Oil a tray or baking tin...Put this dough in that and press it till it spread out evenly..


Cover it with a damp cloth and set aside for 1 – 1 ½ hours or until the dough has rised..


Preheat the oven to 220°C(450°F)..


With your fingers make some impressions on the dough(see picture)..


Pour olive oil in that impressions...Top it with onions,olives,rosemary,cilantro...


Put this in the oven and bake it for 20 mins..


Remove it and cut into slices..


You could make sandwiches,garlic bread or have it as it is..





Source -Here-

0 comments: