Thursday 8 October 2015

THAI SWEET CHILI GREEN BEANS



These gorgeous green beans were lovingly grown by my husband, David. Before I became a personal chef and began adding other food-related jobs to my life, I used to be more involved in the hard work it takes to grow a garden. However, now my involvement is pretty much limited to creating and cooking with the ultra-fresh produce he brings in the back door. Rough….I know….but someone’s gotta do it….


INGREDIENTS
1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
2 pounds green beans, ends trimmed
⅓ cup vegetable or chicken broth
2 tablespoons soy sauce
½ cup sweet chili sauce
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
salt, to taste

INSTRUCTIONS
In a large skillet or wok, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook garlic 30 seconds to 1 minute or until fragrant. Add green beans and cook, stirring often or until beans are beginning to brown.
Add broth and soy sauce. Cover and let cook 4 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
Add sweet chili sauce, crushed red pepper flakes and salt to taste. Heat through. Transfer to serving bowl and serve immediately.

Source -Here-

0 comments: