Sunday 23 August 2015

Slow cooker chicken curry recipe



The chicken curry tasted delicious so I was pretty confident my husband (and our two young daughters) would eat it if I could get past his non-adventurous-eating roadblock. The curry melted in my mouth so it immediately made me think to try and replicate it in my Crockpot…and I have a thing for Crockpot recipes.

Ingredients
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
1, 6oz can of tomato paste
1, 13.5oz can of coconut milk
1 small onion, chopped (about one cup)
2 cups of frozen peas
1, 14.5oz can of tomato sauce (about 1 3/4 cup)
2 large cloves of garlic, minced
3 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons curry powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper

Directions
In a bowl, combine tomato sauce, garlic, honey, and seasonings. Set aside.
Add the rest of the ingredients to your slow cooker. Cover with the tomato sauce/seasoning mixture.
Cook on low 8 hours.

To Freeze
Combine all of the ingredients in a gallon-sized freezer bag and freeze for up to three months. When ready to cook, thaw overnight in your refrigerator and cook in your slow cooker for 10-12 hours on low. Since the Slow Cooker Chicken Curry cooks for the first time in your slow cooker, it won’t taste like leftovers!



Source -Here-

0 comments: