Monday 24 August 2015

slow baked red wine chicken with fingerling potatoes



I love having friends or family over for dinner. As much as I love cooking just for my family there are recipes I need more adults in the house to give me the push to make them, like this slow baked red wine chicken for example. I have been meaning to give this recipe a try for ages, just waiting the right time.

Ingredients
8-10 chicken drumsticks
3/4 cup red wine (Merlot or Pinot Noir are my choices)
1X14oz can small diced tomatoes
1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
2-3 tablespoons brown sugar
5-8 garlic cloves
salt, pepper
2-3 pounds fingerling potatoes

Instructions
In a ziplock bag add the chicken drumsticks along with the red wine, diced tomatoes, worcestershire sauce, brown sugar and garlic cloves. Season with salt and pepper and place the bag in the fridge for a couple of hours (2 to 6 hours)
Heat the oven to 325F.
Dump the chicken drumsticks along with the red wine marinade in a shallow roasting pan.
Arrange the fingerling potatoes in the pan and bake, covered in the preheated oven for 90 minutes.
Open the oven, uncover the pan and increase the oven's temperature to 350F.
Continue to bake the chicken for 30 to 45 minutes or until soft and tender.
Remove from the oven and serve warm.
Source -Here-

0 comments: