Sunday 30 August 2015

Grilled Peaches with Brown Sugar Sour Cream Sauce



Earlier in the summer I was contacted by the fine folks at 14 Hands Winery and they offered to let me try some of their delicious wine. They asked if I could pair it with something grilled and I was totally up for the challenge! I read about each of their wines and while they all sounded (and are!) delicious I had to go with the white blend to pair with the peaches. The description totally sold me!

“intense aromas of peach compote with tropical and floral nuances. On the palate, flavors of fresh apple, pear and melon are balanced by juicy acidity and ends with a bright, vibrant finish.”




INGREDIENTS:
Peaches:
2 large peaches

Brown Sugar Sauce:
1/2 cup sour cream
1-2 tablespoons brown sugar (depending on how sweet you like it)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS:
Peaches:
Preheat outdoor or indoor grill.

Cut peaches in half and remove pit. Add to hot grill (or grill pan) and let sit for about 5 minutes. The peaches will get delicious looking grill marks and become a little soft and warm.

Brown Sugar Sauce:
In a small bowl add all ingredients and whisk together to create the most delicious sauce known to man.







Source -Here-

0 comments: